1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

transmission

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pfcchl, Sep 10, 2008.

1. pfcchl

pfcchl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    hi ive gt a 00 toyota prius and it seems to be stuck in drive any one gt ant idea wt it might be and wt the solution could be

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There is no shifting transmission in the Prius. The act of shifting is replaced by electronic control of the two motor generators (MG1 and MG2). Being stuck in D could be as simple as a bad shifter switch, or as expensive as a failed ECU. Are there any error lights or codes?

Tom

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Model Year 2000? That must be the Japan only model. It happened to me once recently but it turned out my rear brakes were stuck.

I was driving during hurricane Hana hit NY/NJ area. I pulled into the garage and engaged the parking brakes. I didn't drive the car for 2 days. When I drove again, after putting it into D, I couldn't move. I checked and parking brakes were disengaged. I pushed it back in and disengaged again. This time one side came loose. The car moved a little to the side. I kept playing with the parking brake and I finally got it free. That was a relief. :)

4. pfcchl

pfcchl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    hey no there no warning lights on the dash is there any easy way of working out which component is stuffed with out buying new ones and seeing if it fixes

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Pull the codes. If there aren't any, then it's probably the shifter switch.

Tom

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Is that a model NHW10? Everything is in Japanese?

Bob Wilson