1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trash Bag Available?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rangerdavid, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Between the arm rest and the front dash in the space on the floor appears to be an ideal place for a small trash bag or recepticle of some kind. Has anyone found one for the Prius that fits in this space, or anwhere else? Or has anyone done a mod to one that fits and could post a description of pic? thanks in advance........ Just trying to keep my new car clean!! :D

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I saw one on EBay that velcroed to the area under the cd player, in front of the center console. I think is was on the same site that is selling the MFD hoods. Sorry, I can't get there from work to check the address.

3. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Jul 31 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]295039[/snapback]</div>
    YES! I recently found the perfect little trash holder in Walmart (of all places). I'm in the process of moving out so my camera and things are packed, but when I get to my first destination I'll try and post a pic. It is just a velvet bag in the shape of a lunch sack, small velcro closure. On its back is a horizontal velcro strip that I've attached to that exact spot you mentioned. Go to the auto section of Walmart where they also sell seat covers and floor mats. There should be a selection there - the one I got I thought was the only decent-looking one. It's black with blue butterflies in the corner. G'luck!

4. mcsj

mcsj Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Jul 31 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]295039[/snapback]</div>
    But there's a storage drawer under the cup holders...

5. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcsj @ Jul 31 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]295074[/snapback]</div>
    That's for your stash.... B)

6. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Jul 31 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]295090[/snapback]</div>
    That's too funny !!! Thats what my brother said when he saw that little drawer!! But I like the "attach with velcro" idea, so its removable (empting, etc............)

thanks all!! I'll go look in WalMart.

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Every Toyota dealer that I've been to has a variety of trash bags. Most are designed to velcro to the back of the seat. There's several sizes and are leak proof. They're made by High Road. I have my XM radio mounted on the hump so I can't use that area for trash.

8. ttayloriii

ttayloriii Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jul 31 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]295335[/snapback]</div>
    I have an Allied Auto & Truck Litter Basked No. 85 (that's what is on the label) that I purchased several years ago for another vehicle. It has little spikes on the bottom to hold it in place and it fits nicely. I probably got it at Walmart or some other discount store. Also on the label "Allied Plastics, Inc. P.O. Box 975, Gastonia, NC 28053. I like the idea of not having to velcro stuff.

9. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I too, would like one that has a weighted base and sits on that little hump. Don't like Velcro! I have plenty of those, and never use them. I just want it to sit there. Little nubbins on the bottom and a sand bag for weight would do the trick!

10. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ttaylor @ Jul 31 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]295341[/snapback]</div>
    I have a similar item and let it reside over the hump behind the front seats. I line it with a recycled small plastic bag and its position allows me to reach back to place trash in it. To empty, remove the plastic bag.
    I use the front drawer to hold one of those square boxes of tissues.

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jul 31 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]295360[/snapback]</div>
    I have one of those. It's a catalogue item. But it's NOT online. I checked and the company doesn't have a website. It's mail order only.

My mother gets the catalogues and she sent for it for me. I can't remember the name. I thought I had posted it on Priuschat once already, with the item number and address of the company. It's Starcrest or something very similar to that. The catalogue that just came has loose half sheet pages in a large envelope. There was a shiney new penny glued on the order card to encourage purchases. Do you believe they still do that?

Seems people ask about the trashcan only AFTER the catalogue comes and has been thrown out.

I swear the next time I see that trashcan catalogue page I'm keeping it and putting it with all of my other Prius documents.

Don't have an item number but here's what I found:

Starcrest Of California
    Address:
    19465 Brennan Ave, Perris, CA
    Perris California 92599
    U.S.A.
    Phone Number:951-943-2011

Starcrest of California
    (951) 657-2793
    3660 Brennan Ave
    Perris, CA 92599

One of these is probably the corporate office and the other is the mail order/warehouse/processing office.

They apparently also go by the name of Make Life Easier. There is a rudimentary website where you can order a catalogue. I suggest sending a check by snail mail rather than calling with a credit card. Don't ask. Trust me.

Make Life Easier/ Starcrest of California

12. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Autosmiler @ Jul 31 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]295069[/snapback]</div>
    I, too, was adverse to having anything sticky like that on my precious Fawkes until i tested it and found the strip is invisible that low in that area. Ok, some updates... Drove through 3 midwestern states with average daily temps of 99 degrees, and am now in Denver, CO. Midway through, I tried to throw something away in this bag and realized the velcro started to come off the car! Seems like weighing it down is a better idea now. I don't have a pic of the thign yet either. Sorry!

13. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A