1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TRD Lowering Springs on Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by TUV, Mar 6, 2013.

?

Which springs should I get?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2013.
  1. TRD "IF" it works on Prius v

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Eibach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. H&R

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TUV

TUV New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I want improve my wife Prius v handling and I checked Tirerack.com. It suggested Eibach and H&R springs. I double checked and TIreRack.com sells same springs for regular Prius.

Does anyone know if TRD springs for regular Prius fit on my Prius v? Also, I got a quote to install H&R springs (parts & labor) and alignment for $550. Do you think it's a good deal? What's about the handling? Too stiff and harsh for my wife? Sorry, this is my first time I plan to modify car suspension.

Thank you for your comments

T2

2. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You can also try the Tanabe NF210s which will lower the stance and improve performance. There are only a handful of lowering applications for the v out there. If you are just going for springs, the NF210s have been fitted for the v. I have Tanabe coilovers and that are fantastic. Link below will take you to Tanabe product page but you will need to check with a local distributor in your area.

Tanabe USA Inc. - Springs

3. Mprius

Mprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed Tanabe TNF 167 lower spring. front lower 0.7' back 1.0'
    The ride are very similar to the orginal but handleing was impressive for such small drop.

4. h-dogg

h-dogg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I thought Tanabe was the only one that carries the lowering spring for the Prius v. I'm waiting for that day when they have something lowers it a little more than what Tanabe sells.