1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TRD Sportivo Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by adamorzol, Apr 18, 2007.

1. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

Does anyone know where one can buy an in-stock TRD Sportivo Suspension Kit (kit includes upgraded shocks and lowering springs matched to the Prius) in the USA without having to deal with websites that state anywhere from a 4-5 week delivery or even an 8-10 week deliver from Japan directly? Anyone found a price better than $990 plus S&H? Thank you.

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sigma and Carson seem to be the major ones. You probably tried http://www.sigmaautomotive.com already. Give a go for http://www.newtoyotaparts.com and see if they have any in stock. I remember a post a few months ago that someone managed to get one shipped out right away. If Sigma or Carson don't have any instock, I would suggest ordering the TRD kit from one of them, anyways, since your search might take you as long as it takes to ship them from Japan. If you're thinking of getting the Tom's pieces, order them now as well since they'll take as long to arrive.

I could've/should've ordered them a lot earlier than I did, but I was slacking until the I installed the BT plate, and kicked me into gear. If you haven't got it already, get your hands on a BT plate, it should get to you a lot quicker! If you're getting the TRD kit, it'll make it even better. By itself, the plate should get your around corners quicker.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Go for it! The TRD suspension is *totally* worth the wait!

4. prius62

prius62 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UNWIRED @ Apr 17 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]425099[/snapback]</div>
    I got lucky and Carson Toyota had them in stock!! They also had the Tom's front lower brace and the strut tower brace in stock!! I had to order the tom's rear brace though....still waiting.

5. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius62 @ Apr 18 2007, 09:41 PM) [snapback]425837[/snapback]</div>
    Ah you must be the one who bought the TRD Sportivo Kit this past Saturday from Carson. I had a pending inquiry for that instock unit and did not pull the trigger in time. Now they are out and I have to wait 5-10 weeks for my special order. Darn.

6. prius62

prius62 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UNWIRED @ Apr 18 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]425854[/snapback]</div>
    Nope...wasn't me. I've had mine for a couple of months. Hopefully the time goes quickly. At least you know you are getting a proven product from a quality vendor. Good luck...hope it gets here ahead of schedule.