1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treo 650 almost works

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by toddpalino, Aug 10, 2006.

1. toddpalino

toddpalino New Member

I have a 05 and I've been trying for some time to get my Treo 650 connected up correctly. I've read through just about all the suggestions I can find here, I'm running the latest (1.20) firmware on the phone, and I've trying pairing many many times. Right now the phone and car paired correctly (I didn't have to do the "make a phone call" trick to get it to complete). I can receive calls through the car without a problem, as I found out this morning when my wife called on the way to work. But I can't initiate calls from the car. If I try, everything is silent and the phone does not appear to be dialing.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next?

-Todd

2. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toddpalino @ Aug 10 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]300819[/snapback]</div>
    We have 2 Sprint 650s that work fine. The only thing I can think of is that there might be a problem with cell coverage. Can you dial and connect to a call from the Treo? If so, does it connect to the Prius when you dial? The call should automatically transfer to the Prius car kit .

3. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jrfaris @ Aug 10 2006, 02:04 PM) [snapback]300942[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry for stupidity of following question - I have base audio - no NAV, no Bluetooth. Is there an aftermarket add-on for the Bluetooth? I also have Verizon 650.

4. got_prius?

got_prius? New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Actual Mileage @ Aug 16 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]304115[/snapback]</div>

I have read that Verizon cripples the Bluetooth capability on their phones. Have you looked into that?

5. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Actual Mileage @ Aug 16 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]304115[/snapback]</div>
    Yes there is, I have the Parrot CK3100 and it is awsome! http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/index.php?id=ck3100 Install went quite well, and everything works as advertised, plus you get voice activated dialing as well. I have a Treo 650 as well allthough it's an unlocked GSM (will work with T-Mobil or Cingular).

6. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(got_prius? @ Aug 21 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]307052[/snapback]</div>
    my boss has an 06 prius and a verizon 650 and he has problems with bluetooth. it won't stay paired and i think he has to initiate a phone call while its trying to pair to get it to link up. and then it drops the link after the call is ended.

i have a sprint 650 and never had any problems with my 06.

its possible he needs a firmware update, but i'm 90% sure he is up-to-date.

7. berylrb

berylrb Member

hey todd,

do you have a bluetooth headset, is it off?