1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treo 650 - Bluetooth Connection - Partially Functional

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chew811, Apr 3, 2006.

1. chew811

chew811 New Member

Hi fellow Prius owner,

I am using a Treo 650 GSM in a 2006. Managed to connect, but the battery status does not show on the nav screen.

Also the Caller ID does not show when I receive a call. Only shows Incoming Call.

When I was using the Sony Ericsson before, I did not have neither issues.

Does anyone experience the same problem? If so, any suggestions on how to fix?

All insight will be greatly appreciated.

Zach

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chew811 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]234467[/snapback]</div>
    As always the devil is in the details. Help us out and we will help you! Cellular Provider Treo software version (did you up date to the most recent). At least the GSM says you are not a Verizon victim

3. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm also using a Treo 650 with my 2006. The only caller ID info comes up for me if the person is in the Prius' phone director. At least we get the signal strength.

The good thing with the 650 and the 2006 is you can dial from the phone and the car's bluetooth instantly connects. In my 2004 Prius there was about a 30 second delay before it connected and a lot of folks would hang up.

4. chew811

chew811 New Member

I take it that David and hdrygas are Verizon users. I am with Cingular and software has been updated to the most recent version of 1.17 (as available on www.palmone.com).

Tested with a friends's phone and his number is in the drectory, but still the caller id is not coming up.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chew811 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]234480[/snapback]</div>
    I did not make myself clear former Verizon user. I get caller id only on persons in my directory. Sorry :huh:
    I was just trying to suggest up dating as you did. I initially had problems then did the update and things were better... and much... much better than it ever was with Verizon. I love the one touch. I can call out when needed while keeping my eyes near the road! I am now resolved to experiment with the voice actuated one touch.