1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treo 650 Bluetooth connectivity problems?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Gaelyn37, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Gaelyn37

Gaelyn37 Gaelyn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am having difficulty with getting my Treo 650 (Verizon) to connect consistently with my Prius Bluetooth. Sometimes it connects and operates fine. Othertimes, it connects fine and then loses the connection after a few minutes. Others, it will not connect at all. I have my Prius Bluetooth set to connect automatically. I even have the same problems when I use the manual connect prompt. My phone is sitting on the seat next to me. My phone connects fine to my Bluetooth headset, so I know the the phone system works. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gaelyn

2. onree

onree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650, and also had some intermittent problems with getting it to connect, and I also had it behave the same erratic way yours does. Unfortunately, I can't offer you any specific tips on how I got it to work, except to say that I kept pairing and re-pairing and re-pairing -- at one point, I completely restarted by deleting all phone entries, etc., and then reconnecting. Even then, it sometimes hung on the "Connecting..." screen, but initiating a call from the phone seemed to work. For whatever reason, it eventually just started working w/o any issues, and I wish I knew what the magic formula was!

My wife has a Cingular Treo 650, and I even somehow got it to be able to switch between the two phones using the "Select phone" manual connection (particularly useful if you use Tomtom w/bluetooth GPS on one of the phones).

By the way, I used the "car kit" bluetooth profile instead of the handsfree one. Also, at least on my phone, initiating a Prius bluetooth call while the phone is in Blazer will cause the Treo to reset. Who knows?

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Make sure the software is up to date. The final update to the Treo 650's fixed alot of it's bluetooth issues.

Check out the support page of www.palm.com

4. Gaelyn37

Gaelyn37 Gaelyn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Feb 26 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]396797[/snapback]</div>

I updated my Treo and eveything is working well now. Thank you for the tip

Gaelyn