1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treo 650 + BT Headset + Prius = Disaster

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by naterprius, Nov 30, 2005.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So, I experimented with a Scala-500 headset and the Prius with my Treo 650 (Sprint, with latest Rom, 1.12).

Wouldn't you know it, the Prius won't connect anymore. Turning off the headset, relocating 150 feet away, and deleting it from the Treo yielded nothing.

Deleting the phone from the Prius and deleting the Prius from the phone seems to work, but now the phone won't re-pair with the car.

I reset the Treo (using the button) and turned the car off.

Try again... the Prius screen is still stuck on the discovery mode. The Treo goes through its actions correctly, discovery, passcode, etc.

Any ideas?

Nate

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Okay, so after resetting my Treo 650 COMPLETELY I still had nothing. I was just about to go around the office looking for someone else with a BT phone (certified by Toyota) to try when I decided to unplug the NAV ECU.

That fixed it. I unplugged the NAV ECU for a good 10 minutes, then plugged it back in, then powered up the car. The NAV disc reloaded, and the Bluetooth worked (re-paired successfully).

Mental Note, ALWAYS power down the headset before entering car.

Maybe I'll try another brand.

Anyone else experimented with this?

Nate

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Backup your data and do a soft-reset on the Treo. Follow these instructions:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI....1,Case=obj(887)