1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treo 650

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by starkeef, Jan 13, 2007.

1. starkeef

starkeef New Member

My Treo 650 is set up through bluetooth in my 2007 Prius and that all works fine, however when someone calls, it just picks up without a ring or two. Sometimes, I never know someone is calling until there is a long pause and they say hello.
    Does anyone know how to adjust so it will ring through the speakers once or twice, so I know someone's calling, before I pick it up?
    The phone itself rings before I pick it up, so it must be a setting within the Prius system.
    Thanks for any help with this.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not all phones ring through the Prius audio system. It varies by phone, service provider, model year of the Prius and whether or not the car has a navigation system.

The Toyota Bluetooth Phone web page has charts which list Bluetooth functions by phones, carriers and car models.

3. dumas

dumas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My 650 rings until I answer it in my 2006 Prius. I don't know of an "answer automatically" setting. Any chance a button on your phone is getting pressed by accident? That happens to me a lot.

4. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonathan_s @ Jan 13 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]375253[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, it is a setting for the Treo 650 when it is connected to a hands-free device. Open up Prefs, then select Handsfree in the Communication section. The choices for Auto Answer (no pun intended) are:
    • Immediately
    • After 1 ring
    • After 2 rings
    • Disable
    It would seem your Treo currently has the first setting active.

5. starkeef

starkeef New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RobertG @ Jan 13 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]375344[/snapback]</div>

I set it to 2 rings and it only will ring once before the car kit picks up, but that's better than before.
    Thanks, very much, for your help. And thanks, too, to the other folks that took the time to help me.