1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treo 680 Cingular

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cairo94507, Dec 17, 2006.

1. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just replaced my Cingular Razor with a Cingular Treo 680. The razor paired with the car easily the first time I tried to pair it and no problems thereafter. I can not however get my Treo to pair with the car. I go through the information screen to telephone and then settings and then bluetooth, add a phone and get the screen which say to enter code 1212 when the phone asks for it. I then go to my Treo and go to the bluetooth icon and get to add a bluetooth device and it does the search for the device and apparently finds the car and then says to enter the code and I do. The phone then tells me the phone is paired with the car and I can place a bluetooth call. When I go to my telephone screen on my car there is no antenna signal and the message says check your phone. So no good.

Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong or need to do to get this to pair? Thanks for the suggestions and help. Cairo94507

2. Doutt It

Doutt It New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Dec 17 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]363452[/snapback]</div>
    I have mne working. I believe you have to initiate a call from the treo to get it to complete. Once that's done your set.

3. Gloftoe

Gloftoe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doutt It @ Dec 17 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]363478[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. That's how it worked with my Treo 650. While the car is trying to pair with your phone, make a call on your phone. It'll pair, and you'll be set.

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gloftoe & Doutt It,
    Thank you both very much -that did the trick. If I would have just done exactly what the screen did when it said to do it I would have been OK. When it said I could now initiate a call, I first thought it proper to close out all of the screens first and then go back to make a call.....wrong. Now I am paired and very happy. Thank you again, Cairo94507

5. dwineberg

dwineberg New Member

Thank you for that very helpful string. I had had the same problem and the "make a call" instruction did the trick perfectly. Thanks again. Don

6. felicias_nh

felicias_nh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don RI @ Jan 15 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]375861[/snapback]</div>
    I think it was this forum where I saw another method of connection, which was, when the car goes into the "attempting connection" twilight zone, you access the menu on the 680 and force it to connect that way. I tried that with mine, and it has worked like a charm ever since.

I even had no problems, much to my surprise, transferring my phone book from the treo to the car. Now I never miss a call if my phone is buried somewhere in the bottom of my backpack when I'm in the car! :)

-Felicia

7. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doutt It @ Dec 17 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]363478[/snapback]</div>

So - you have a Treo 680 and it works completely with your Prius - caller id too? I am afraid I'm quite obsessed with this. I have a 2007 pkg. 4 - no nav and my service is Cingular. Everything works except caller id. I wonder why it works with your car model and package and not mine?

8. zang

zang New Member

Thanks, the "tech" guy at the dealership had trouble pairing my Treo 680 with my new '07 Prius but after I saw the hint on making a call immediately afterward it worked!!! I never did see the Linking was Successful screen that they show in the car's manual so... hopefully it will stay working!
    Z

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gloftoe @ Dec 17 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]363518[/snapback]</div>
    :D