1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treo650 - Won't connect

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jetson, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Jetson

Jetson New Member

Just bought the Treo650 using my cingular service - followed both manuals, car and phone. Entered the 4 digit number into fun and it just sits there. Both car and phone don't prompt. According to car manual it should continue to next mode.

Also sometimes when I get the start and powerup I get a message blue tooth connection complete. However when I change the display to the phone mode there are no graphics showing phone is connected.

Yesterday while driving my treo rang, I answered, and the hands free mode started working. I could hear and carry on the conversation. This was great.

Taking the phone and car to Cingular was waste of time. They looked at the car, then at me, and said the car dealer has to install it. After checking with several Cingular stores I realized the've never incountered a Prius. At least not in these parts of Fort Worth.

Any guidance will be helpful.

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

My Treo 650 experience with Verizon has been positive. I am aware that the Cingular users have a free software upgrade for the Treo 650 available to them. This includes improved car kit software (not a separate item).

You may already have this upgrade if your phone is new. If you have the time, visit your Toyota dealer (with your phone) and tell them about the call that worked.

Also read mytreo.net or pdaphonehome.com or treocentral.com for other user experiences. It will work but you may want to see why you don't see the telephone keypad. It should appear if you:

1. Push the phone button on your steering wheel OR

1. Next to the display screen, push Info.

2. Touch the telephone switch (that means an on-screen rectangle).

Hope this helps.