1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Triangle Exclamation with faded odometer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by srikanth, Jan 4, 2013.

1. srikanth

srikanth New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi.

I have recently baught a 2009 prius 2 from a 3rd party and am facing an problem with my car from last week. The problem was very random earlier and now it is happening more frequently.

When i start the Car, a red exclamation mark appears in a red triangle and the intensity of odometer light is very less. Some times i notice a car making a beep sound when i opne the car front driver door to get out of the car.

Can you please help me in understanding what might be wrong here..am newbiw and your inputs would help ighly.

Thanks,
    Sri

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Please run the test at Weird stuff happening? MPGs dropping? Test The Battery | PriusChat after the car has sat MANY hours or overnight. Please tell us the 3 values (not just 1). Don't go changing the battery first until you tell us the values...

If you have HIDs, you can avoid unnecessary cycles on the lights by toggling between off and parking light positions.

Weird stuff can start happening w/a low or bad 12 volt. Don't waste $ on having a dealer "test" the 12 volt (07 Prius Dead - Any Guesses? | PriusChat).

dorunron likes this.
  3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three