1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Triangle of Death Code P3191P, P0A0F/205 and C1310/156

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JbMech, Oct 10, 2022.

1. JbMech

JbMech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently have code P3191, P0A0F/205 and C1310/156 on 2005 Prius with 202K miles. The list below is what is complete.
    1) 12v battery new. Measure 13v
    2) Hybrid battery new refurbished. Measure 15v on each pair. State of charge more than 50%. I use Prolong to charge when it needs.
    3) Fuel tank new. With 3/4 fuel in the tank. Fuel pressure check at 44-48 psi.
    4) New MAF from Oreilly, P/N MF4226N, Blue Streak. Ordering the new Denso to try out. It is on its way.
    5) Throttle body new.
    6) PCV valve new.
    7) Engine coolant temperature new.
    8) Crankshaft position sensor check within the spec 985-1600 ohm at cold.
    9) Camshaft position sensor new.
    10) ECM new.
    11) Ignitions are new.
    12) Spark plugs are new.
    13) Catalic converter old from the junk yard. Install it with pipe clamps.
    14) Inverter pump is working. I see the fluid movement and the pump runs when test.

All of these was done, however the ICE still not turn over. I read the other thread that point out the intake manifold has a crack. I will remove, clean and inspect the intake manifold this weekend.
    It is my parent car and they are the first owner. It was running fine until it was sitting for 6 months due to catalic stolen.
    The car was running for 3 months after the fuel tank and catalic replacement with 2 incidents of losing its power on the highway. Stop for 5 minutes and started again, be able to get home and clear the code P3191, P0A0F/204. This third time, it get towed. The ICE turn only by battery.
    Please help. Attachment is the report from Techstream. I don know what else I could do. Really want to fix this car.

Attached Files:

2. JbMech

JbMech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Removed and inspected intake manifold. Replaced the MAF with OEM Toyota part. Still no start.

3. JbMech

JbMech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Spark test and compression test is also good.