1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Triangle of death - fixed?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by colton meyers, Apr 28, 2024.

1. colton meyers

colton meyers New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all, in my 2005 prius, i got the triangle of death and found the inverter coolant pump was bad, i replaced it and that definitely fixed it, (turbulence was there). its a 2005. with 180,000 miles

The thing that worries me is that when i first started it, the triangle was still there. I disconnected the battery, disconnected the white plug by the battery, i reset the check engine light with the ODO. (this needed done anyway) Everytime i started the car the triangle was still there. I checked the battery one more time, with my volt meter (was good) and after that when i started the car the triangle was off!!
    i dont know what i did, i dont know if it needed time, i dont know. Also, the car showed that it needed gas, but now thats back to normal.
    Is this normal? Did i do anything wrong?

#1 colton meyers, Apr 28, 2024
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2024
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Maybe you need to read the codes to make sure there are no more pending codes apparently there are none active because the lights off but there could be pending or stored possibly I guess usually you want to make sure that doesn't exist and if it does you get them read them do whatever and then clear them.

3. colton meyers

colton meyers New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    forgot to mention there was no codes. I have a code scanner and also took it into autzone and they also got not codes what so ever.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Everything is running perfectly now and everybody's happy I would leave it alone and continue along in my world figure it was some sort of computer glitch whatever your car's not reporting any funny business and you're not reporting any funny business so all should be well in the world..

5. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You need a better scantool. Most are not capable of communicating with many of the systems on a Toyota hybrid. (This includes the scanners used by typical parts stores)

Here is a thread that reviews several scantool apps and OBD2 devices for smartphones. Some are handy for specific tasks on a Prius - but are very limited. Others are capable of scanning all systems for codes and data (plus additional functions).

https://priuschat.com/index.php?posts/3290690

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

ronlewis likes this.
  6. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Ditto Mr. Guy. It's worse with G1s - hardly any codes read other than main engine stuff.