1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trim levels - 2012 Prius One?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Heresjohnnee, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Heresjohnnee

Heresjohnnee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After seeing a 2012 Prius One for sale, I've been trying to figure out if it's a typo or not. After looking around online, it seems that trim level One was offered as a fleet option but not advertised. This is doubly confusing because the Carfax shows it was registered as a personal vehicle.

Is anyone familiar with the options on the 2012 One. Specifically, what it doesn't have compared to the Two?

I plan to make an offer on this car but need your help figuring this out first. I could just call the dealership, but they're closed today!

Looking forward to being a prius owner!

2. Heresjohnnee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can see from pictures that it has bluetooth and touchscreen audio. I'm wondering if it has the driver-door smart key option. Just trying to put a value on the vehicle. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    IIRC, it shouldn't have cruise or Touch Tracer.

4. Heresjohnnee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, El Dobro. Can anyone confirm and/or speak to Smart Key?

5. Heresjohnnee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've found a 2012 Prius One advertised for sale and want to make an offer to buy it. Unfortunately, it seems this trim level was only available to fleet customers so I'm asking for your help to figure out the options on the car. It does have bluetooth, that much I can tell in the pictures. I'm wondering if it will have cruise control or SKS.

Please advise.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pretty sure they were not included on gen II, so probably similar. is there a way to find original purchase price or msrp? must be quite a bit less expensive than prius two.

7. Heresjohnnee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As a used car it's listed about 3K less than a Prius Two with similar mileage. I just find it hard to believe that a stripped own One for fleets would still have bluetooth. I'm wondering if it's just listed wrong and priced under what it should be because it's actually a Two.

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know about the 2012, but seem to remember the 2010 fleet equivalent lacked these features. And something nagging in the back of my aging (and sometimes failing) memory says that the actual feature set was negotiated between the fleet buyer and the manufacturer, so you may find Ones with extras not commonly listed as being on Ones. Features may be specific to the fleet that originally bought it.

Here are some pages that show features. Cruise and SKS seem to be absent from a standard One.
    2012 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Features and Specs

2012 Toyota Prius - Kelley Blue Book

2012 Toyota Prius 5dr HB One (Natl) Specs and Features | U.S. News Best Cars
    2014 Toyota Prius One Hatchback Ratings, Prices, Trims, Summary | J.D. Power

9. Heresjohnnee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As it turns out, this was a Prius Two and was incorrectly listed on their website. Unfortunately, it has hail damage so I won't be buying it. If anyone is interested, it's a 2012 Prius Two with 19K miles, good service history, no accidents, black exterior, dark gray interior listed at $16,940. It's at Joe Machens Toyota in Columbia, MO.