1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trim levels: Natl, GS, SE?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Lunabean, May 2, 2007.

1. Lunabean

Lunabean New Member

Hello. I'm new here and I really like your forums!

I've been researching Priuses and I keep running into these three names for trim levels:

Natl, GS, and SE. As seen here: http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2007/toyota/prius/pricing/

There is no price difference between the three.

Does anybody know what they mean?

Thanks!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lunabean @ May 2 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]434337[/snapback]</div>
    My perhaps not-so-educated-guess is that GS is Gulf States, SE is South East states, and Natl is national. Toyota sells cars to various semiautonomous regions who sell them to local dealers. This means that not every trim level is available everywhere. It also means some regions have unavoidable extra fees or add on equipment. Doesn't make sense that the prices quoted are all identical. Read through www.carbuyingtips.com.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Lunabean, welcome to PriusChat. I organize the local Portland area HSD meetup group (see my signature) and you're invited to come to our meetings.

The easiest way to get a grasp of what's available is to go to the Prius web site, enter your zip code, and "build your own." This will give you a feel for options and prices here in Oregon. But only use the site as a start, particularly on price. Some combos, like a Silver Pine exterior and dark gray interior, may not be available, but you can see the MSRP of each package level.

I think Jim is probably right on the GS, SE, etc.