1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trim Rings

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RXGreyhound, Apr 5, 2009.

1. RXGreyhound

RXGreyhound New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I recently bought an 09 pkg 6 mag gray Prius. I figured with low gas prices, the 2010 Prius coming soon, it was a good time to finally get MY Prius. Anyways, after reading various comments on PC, I was curious about the ones about the trim rings until I took them off and saw how much better the wheels and whole car looks. I think PC should have a contest to see who has the best idea for using all of the unused trim rings out there. My entry would be to use them as Personal Portable toilet seat covers.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use mine to hold my moon domes on my wheels.

3. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi RX...,

I wrapped my trim rings with .010" thick aluminum flashing This prevents rain from getting in the wheels while the car is sitting, and helps keep rotor corrosion down. It also improves aerodyamics, probably a few mpg above 50 mph. Makes the car look like a airplane even more. And helps avoid wet brakes from cars beside you splashing water through the wheels (remember the Prius uses electric brakes most of the time, so wet brakes wont clear nearly as fast).

The trim rings hold the flashing in place perfectly.

http://priuschat.com/forums/attachm...rings-trimringaerohubcapwithvalveextender.jpg

BTW, you do not use the stock Prius valve caps on those metal extenders as shown in that picture. Only use the metal caps sold seperatly by the same valve equipment manufacturer. The Prius plastic valve caps have a small ring down in the cap which can cause a slow leak due to the design of the metal valve extenders. The ring alignes the cap into the normal ruber valve stem, so the O-ring in the cap seats properly. The metal extenders have a dust cover which the ring will push down on, and cause an open air path through the extender.

4. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I tried to buy some but no one want to sell them.

5. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use mine as wall art in the garage. They look much better on the wall than they ever did on the car. :)

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They seem to fly alright, but they're not nearly as easy to catch as real flying discs. Mine are still on the car, by the way. Under the silvery moons. Like Pat's. :)

7. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I didn't find the trim rings look that bad.....maybe it's about personal preference.
    Like the look of Prius, someone hated it by heart, but we all think it looks ok.