1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trip California need input

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Speedracer, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In end of Octorber I might fly out to California for conference. The conference is held in Pasadena. I dont know which airport should I fly to its either LAX or Burbank. My travel agent (LA branch) told me fly to LAX, instead Burbank. So which is better? LAX or Burbank? Also how expensive is Cab?

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Have you read Dante's Inferno? Los Angeles is worse. Stay home.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i would go LAX. it is probably cheaper. i personally dont think either is conveinent. and if going to a hotel, i would look for the airport shuttle before a cab.

but that might depend on what hotel you are going to. a cab to Pasadena...hmmm... could be spendy. probably umm...dont know...$40-50...

4. cybele

cybele New Member

Personally, I prefer to travel out of Burbank whenever possible. It's a much smaller airport and there just aren't the same lines and hassles. If your destination is Pasadena, Burbank is much closer and your taxi should only be about $35 (but I recommend ordering a town car, it's about the same price and you get better service). A taxi from LAX to Pasadena, I think is about $60.

Burbank doesn't have as flexible of a schedule though, so who knows if it'd even work for your itinerary. Flights are usually more expensive as well. If a flight is delayed at Burbank or cancelled, there's very little you can do. If something happens at LAX, you have far more choices for getting a different flight or even carrier.

5. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    BUR is much easier to deal with...been to both and LAX is very confusing and half the time, your luggage ends up in another terminal 3 miles away...so if you can swing it...BUR by all means...PS easier to fly into BUR...we did and didnt get put into a hold pattern for 30 minutes ...ATC was much nicer to talk to and deal with on approach...

6. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks everyone,
    I found out today(few hrs ago) reason my travel agent choose LAX because my primary airline(Continental) did not fly to Burbank... unless fly with Southwest. I don't deal with United or American I hate them so BAD(slap me few time canceling fly, bag search and delay).
    Anyway its few more month to go, If I decided attend, I got go O.C and other So.Cal places. Last time I was in So.Cal back in 1995 :roll:

7. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    All cities have their good points and their bad points. Please don't disparge our fine city.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Ever see the movie "Dante's Peak" ? it is a movie patterned after the Mt St Helens blowup. so as you can see, small towns can be bad too...

9. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    and don't I know it...I'm from the same hometown as Dan Quayle <shudder>