1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

trip odo in miles and km or just miles?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ranmandx, Jun 6, 2007.

1. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

Well i'm going to be buying a prius over the boarder (i'm in canada) and was curious about the trip meter. I will driving pretty exclusively using the km/h on the speedo and was wondering if the trip odometer can display kilometres as well. I know that the regular odometer will display miles no matter what but what about the trip ones?

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    All odometers are in miles only for the American Prius (and the temp stays in F).

I wish the miles/km button was more configurable so that I could get C on the display as well as km on the odometer.

That said I'm sure you can figure out how to get into the set-up system and reprogram it to be km based car. Or maybe ask your service guy?

3. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

I wishi could take it to a service guy and have that done. I heard that many american cars are a simple service switch or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomervillePrius @ Jun 6 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]456704[/snapback]</div>

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ranmandx @ Jun 6 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]456689[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think these can be changed.