1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trip Report

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Wible, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Bob Wible

Bob Wible New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just got back off vacation to Pensacola Florida enjoying my new grandson and I thought I would post a “trip reportâ€. The trip was 2000 miles done and back. I took 95 south to Jacksonville and 10 west to Pensacola and I took the reverse route back. There were three of us on the trip plus our luggage. The car performed great! It handled the posted speed limits of up to 70 mph with ease, I even slipped up to 80 a couple of times, and I averaged 50+ mpg for the whole trip. I used cruise control extensively which worked great. We were all very comfortable, my mother was in the back seat and she enjoyed the ride immensely. Overall the car did extremely well, it was a relaxed and enjoyable ride, we went through 3 books on tape, and the best part is the gas cost me about 150 dollars roundtrip, hotels 100 dollars for a total of 250 dollars, were a plane ticket would have cost us over 1000.

2. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Glad to hear you had such a great trip and great MPG for the trip as well!
    So did you have an complaints about the seats during this long ride?, I love my seats and think they are very comfortable.

3. Bob Wible

Bob Wible New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I agree, the seats are very comfortable and for long trips the lower back support was very much appreciated.

4. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ever stop and think what if you had the Prius back when fuel was $.99 several years ago? I'm sure many here remember fuel much much lower but since I'm 32 about the lowest I remember is $.99 since I've been driving. My wife is going to go on a relatively short road trip to her home town (600 miles round trip). I told her if she takes my Prius she'll be able to make the round trip for roughly $50.... that doesn't sound too bad at todays prices, but several years ago the same trip (assuming the Prius was around back then) would have only cost around $11-$12. :(

Mike

5. tundrwd

tundrwd Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I'm a tad older, but I remember "gas wars" when I was younger (probably about 7 or so), and PREMIUM gas being .05 a gallon one trip somewhere in Arizona. Usual price at the time was 0.11 a gallon for PREMIUM.

Geez - now I feel REAL old...... :(

6. sleonardelli

sleonardelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I made a trip to Hilton Head Island from Tampa (800 miles round trip) and was lucky to average 45mpg round trip following the speed limit and with cruise control on. Wish I could pump it to to 50+ mpg but am happy that I was getting better than 25 mpg as I would have with my last car.

7. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Was that before or after Statehood?

The best I can really remember about gas prices is $.29/gal. I didn't pay much attention before the mid- to late-60s.

8. Bob Wible

Bob Wible New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I can remember pedaling my bike down to the local gas station with a 1 gallon gas can and a quarter in my pocket and coming home with 1 gallon of gas a couple pices of chewing gum.