1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trip Summary versus actual MPG on a 2013 Prius Two

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Albert Brizendine, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Albert Brizendine

Albert Brizendine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is there kind of a rule of thumb when you see the Trip Summary showing a particular MPG and what you are actually getting?
    My wife just took our brand new 2013 on a 300 mile trip, 65mph into a head wind all the way, and the Trip Summary showed 49mpg and after fill up and doing the math, it was closer to 42. Of course I don't know how full she got it.

Thanks.....I'm sure something like this gets asked all the time. We have had the new Prius now for 4 days and I only got to drive it on the first day.....bummer.

2. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Many threads here about any where from a 5 to 7% difference from the MFD and actual mpg's. While your difference is 15%, it maybe issues in the first tank or two differences. In time I think you will find that you might average a 7% difference as I do over time....

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Never try and calculate a first "full" tank from the dealer. It is rarely ever completely full.

Also never try and calculate from the Trip Summary screen on the 2012+ Prius. Use the Trip A or B information assuming you reset it at your last fill up.