1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Troops are not supporting the troops

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by etyler88, May 2, 2007.

1. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "The reenlistment rate for mid-grade enlisted soldiers dropped from 96 percent in 2005 to 84 percent in the first quarter of this year...

While many joined the service to go to combat in a war zone, it's the lack of time at home, or "dwell time," that hurts, Sergeant Major Kuhar says...

Under a new policy, units will not deploy with less than 12 months of time at home. But the larger goal is to give them two years between deployments – a goal the military won't reach anytime soon."

They join to go to combat and complain about not being at home. These troops sound like your typical voters.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0502/p01s01-usmi.html?page=1

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ May 2 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]433996[/snapback]</div>

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    a close childhood friend of mine re-enlisted only because he was overseas too long to do the recruiting component of his contract. i get the distinct feeling he was pressured pretty hard. he's counting the days till he's done.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Would it count if they served at the Texas Air National Guard or should they volunteer for two additional tours in Vietnam?

5. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ May 2 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]433996[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, anyone who joined the military within the last four years (particularly the Army and Marines), well, it's patentedly obvious that they'll be going to a combat zone in Iraq, and repeatedly.

They're not giving them those big bonuses for nothing. Maybe they should have paid more attention to what the 'liberal' media was saying about military service and Iraq before they signed or re-signed.

6. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 2 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]434079[/snapback]</div>
    What are you talking about?

7. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 2 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]434079[/snapback]</div>
    lol

Apparently reading magazines is very stressful, and requires dedication to serving the country in order to do it.

8. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Lol I deployed so much it wasn’t funny. we would be home less than six months and then we were back over there. The time between my last two deployments was 4 months. And most of that time was used up with everything we had to do when we came home and then work ups and training. People with family’s had virtually no time with their kids and family’s. I did three deployments starting the summer of 03 then I was back for winter 04 and then winter 05. I celebrated every major holiday except the 4th of July in the desert for two years in a row. Some people in that unit had done this since 03 and are still doing it. I had a buddy who spent 4 months or lees every year for 3 years with his wife and kids.

I joined sep 5th 2001. I didn’t join to see combat but knew it might be a possibility but I dint know it would so much of it and then to be treated like crap when I got back and not by civilians but by the government and military people who never deployed into a combat zone.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My brother is a Marine. He recently (2 weeks ago) deployed yet again after a few months of being married. He swears when he comes back he is going to become a hippy and wants me to teach him about ecology. I told him he has to learn how to make dreads and smoke pot on his own. lol

10. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ May 2 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]433996[/snapback]</div>
    I may not be following the news close enough but it seems that Guard and Reserve units are being deployed more so than regular active duty units. I wouldn't have a problem with that if those units were being deployed domestically to protect borders or to secure disaster areas but if you want to wage war then that should be the job of the regulars.