1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble getting a Prius from Chicago to the dealership?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by gwilliams, Jul 20, 2004.

1. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Folks:

Late last week, I received word that a Prius I had ordered was on its way. It was in the Chicago (region) port and was to be delivered by July 16. Well that day came and went, and still no Prius. Follow ups with the dealer indicate that the transit company is "backed up", and "don't know when my car will be delivered".

Has anyone had a similar experience with the Chicago region? If so, how long did it take to get your car once it was late? My car shows "ground status" meaning the dealer has the paperwork, invoice, and title, but no car. They seem to think it will be in this week. However I'm getting so used to Prius horror stories, that I won't believe it until the car is in my hot little hands, so to speak.

If anyone knows of any way to apply pressure to the Chicago region, to ship a sold car to the selling dealership, I would appreciate it. I've tried the Toyota Customer Experience number 800.331.4331, but they wouldn't divulge any information. They said to contact the dealer (like I haven't done that already). Phone number(s) and names of managers for the Toyota Chicago region offices would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    Glenn

2. frbill

frbill New Member

Mine came through the Chicago Port and it got to the dealer the day it was supposed to get to Chicago. I got it the next day. I had no problems and have been enjoying my Prius for just over a month now.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

3. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I guess I must've been living right on Tuesday. Shortly after posting this, I received a call saying my ship (in this case a Silver pkg 9) had just come in. :clap: :partytime: :D

I've been too busy detailing my trade in, making delivery arrangements, and travelling to get my new Prius to reply. But I'm back, and have a new toy.

G.

4. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Glad you got your car, Glenn. You must be one of a very few in Columbus. We go there often since my son lives in Canal Winchester, and I usually see 1 or 2 when passing through Cleveland but not a single one in Columbus. We'll be in town the middle of August for my son's wedding so if you want, we can have mini Prius meet. We'll be staying near Rickenbacher.

Enjoy the new car - it just gets better the longer you have it and the more you learn how to take advantage of all the great things it can do. :)