1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble putting in the key?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Rachey467, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Rachey467

Rachey467 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey guys,

I recently bought my new Prius C a few days ago and so far LOVE it! The only problem I am having is I am having trouble sticking my key in the ignition. It has to go straight in for it to go in. Anyone else having this problem? Maybe its something I need to get used to? I'm just wondering if this is worth me taking it back to the dealership for them to look at.

Thanks for your input!

2. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Same thing here at first. A bit of graphite powder, and just sticking the key in and out a few times solved the problem. It's just new metal with sharp edges against new metal - no big deal. After time it goes in slick as......

Ryephile likes this.
  3. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    +1 ufourya's comments. It'll get easier to insert over time as it self-deburrs. Mine has gotten noticeably easier to insert in the past couple weeks, whereas when new it did hang up a bit and needed a jiggle.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Just throwing in my agreement with the above. Worried me at first too, but it's fine now.

5. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Add me to the list above. My husband drives the car much less often than I do, and for the first couple of days it seemed like he could NEVER get the key in the ignition. A month later, I would have totally forgotten the issue had I not seen this thread.

6. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had actually forgotten I had problems with the key at first as well. A few dozen drives (and many figuring out the stereo moments) later it is just fine.