1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble removing the MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by laci.laplante, Aug 4, 2007.

1. laci.laplante

laci.laplante New Member

I am trying to follow Eddie Bell's stereo removal guide, but am stuck at the MFD part. I removed the two bolts, but am unable to pull out the MFD. There is not enough space between the MFD cover and the top part of the dash to wiggle a paint stick or a butter knife in to. There was a little bit on the side, but the plastic is soft and it dinged a little. I was wondering if you might have any tips or tricks on how to remove the MFD. Thanks,
    Laci

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just pull. It's in there pretty tight with four of those yellow
    nylon clips, but it'll come out. Limit the motion so you don't yank
    on the wires behind it, though.
    _H*

3. laci.laplante

laci.laplante New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Aug 4 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]490524[/snapback]</div>
    Your comment allowed me to renew my efforts and try again! I wasn't able to get enough leverage sitting on one side or the other, so I had to straddle the center console. I'm just a hair over five feet, so I guess I just needed more oomph! Just a few more things and I'm almost done...
    Thanks!
    Laci

4. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't try to pull continually to get it out, you may end up smacking the MFD in your face. What I do is grab onto the sides of the screen, and give it a firm, quick yank. Sometimes it takes more than once, but it's better than pulling with all your might.