1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble With Child Seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Huntceet, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Huntceet

Huntceet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can't seem to get the child seat my daughter gave me to mount securely. It's an Eddie Bauer model 22-864 MRC. Neither the latch method or using the seatbelt renders a satisfactory solid mount. I've already taken it to the local firehouse and the certified installers couldent get a solid install either. The suggestion was made that perhaps another brand of seat would be better.

So, what seats are you using?

2. Yankees251

Yankees251 Black Touring HI Package

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Britax Roundabout, no problems, using LATCH and rear tether. I was surprised how much room is in the backseat, my daughter can't kick my seat anymore:)

3. Q-ball

Q-ball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Britax Marathon. Fits perfectly, and attaches easily. This makes it easier to switch between cars.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We've been through a variety of seats, mostly Graco, all fit fine. Here's to being car-seat free (albeit I'm stuck with a booster seat for a few more years).:cheer2:

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you aren't used to the new seats using the latch mount, they feel wobbly, even when properly restrained. They may be properly restrained in an accident, but the seats don't ratchet into place. Perhaps that's your problem.

Tom

6. Yankees251

Yankees251 Black Touring HI Package

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    NO seat should ever feel "wobbly" period. Be sure that there is less than an inch of give when you shake seat vigorously. Tighten those LATCH straps tight and use a rear tether anchor.

7. Huntceet

Huntceet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for all the replys everybody. As it turns out me and my daughter made one more try yesterday to mount this Eddie Bauer seat. We got a secure installation using the anchor points and thether in the middle position. This will work for a while however I'm still going to have to get seats that mount in the outboard positions because the daughter just informed us we're getting another grandchild in Novmber. :D Also, with this seat in the middle none but the aneroxic can occupy the outboard positions.

Huntceet

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you never had your belongings set on fire and dance like you're not wearing any pants."

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The seat material will 'settle' over time as well making it easier to reinstall.

9. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

I thought you couldn't install the car seat in the middle because of the arm rest that can come down? We're about to install a Graco Snugride in our Prius in a few weeks.

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It doesn't interfere.

11. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Using the LATCH system on rear facing seats will automatically make the seat wobbly, as it is only a two-point attachment system. You can't keep it from wobbling up and down when it is only held by two points in the back, unless you find some method of changing the laws of physics. The larger front facing seats use a three-point attachment which allows them to be secured in all directions.

Tom