1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble with clips when removing back seat

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by TheObviousHero, Apr 28, 2018.

1. TheObviousHero

TheObviousHero New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been trying to remove the rear seat from my Prius, but I can't for the life of me remove the bottom part of the rear seats from the clips that are attached to the car. At this point I am wondering if the clips are just messed up and I should just try to break them off and get them replaced when I put the seat back in. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

2. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you watch our YouTube video on HV battery fan cleaning, we removed the rear seat, I hope the video helps with what you’re looking for.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just curious: why are you wanting to remove the seat? If it's just for access to the hybrid battery fan: there's a single bolt (12 mm socket size) that needs removal, and it can be reached and removed by just pushing apart the seat bottom and back, reaching through with a ratchet with 6" extension. No need to remove the seat bottom for just that purpose.

NutzAboutBolts likes this.