1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble with radio/ back up screen

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Larry Clark, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Larry Clark

Larry Clark New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've had my 2010 prius car for 6 years. No problems. I am going to be selling it (got a used 2018 prius).
    I got it detailed before selling it. When I got it back, the backup/radio screen doesn't work. At first the whole unit didn't work...couldn't get the 4 cd changer door to open, no beeps,no radio no map etc. So I checked the 12 volt battery. It wasn't very good. When I put the old battery back in, the door to the cd player worked, the radio worked, and the side buttons beep. However, the screen is not working.
    I put a new battery in it, thinking the old battery didn't have the power to run the screen, to no avail. Screen is still not working.
    I'll be checking the fuses next. I already checked some of them, but when disconnecting the battery started to get things working, I thought that was it.
    Any advice? Am I missing something simple?
    When asked if the detailer cleaned the engine compartment, he said he did but "lightly".