1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Troubleshooting Windshield Mister

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dtiemeyer, Jan 12, 2008.

1. dtiemeyer

dtiemeyer New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As is usually the case with new gadgets, I end up learning to operate an accessory when I need it the most. Such was the case the other day when splashback prompted my learning how to use the windshield mister. It looked like all you have to do is lift the right lever to activate the mister. The rear window mister worked when I rotated the knob at the end. Later, when I looked under the hood I saw that the washer reservoir was 3/4 full so I just topped it off, but again the windshield mister doesn't operate. How might I troubleshoot the system to isolate whether it is the pump/motor, switch or one of the lines coming or going? I hope I don't have to take my Prius in for such a pedestrian problem at 3700 miles.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You pull the right stalk toward you. Lifting it runs the wiper once, as in a mist setting. Pulling it sprays the windshield, then runs the wipers for one pass.

If you didn't get one, you should ask the dealer for the owner's manual. It covers little details like this.

Tom