1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Truck vs. Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by addlepated, Jan 7, 2006.

1. addlepated

addlepated New Member

http://gallery.addlepated.net/PriusWreck

It's barely 8 months old. Luckily nobody was hurt. The guy stopped behind us thought the light turned green and ran into us. :(

He was in a 1978 Chevy truck with a brush guard. He got a dent on the hood from the Toyota emblem and his brush guard was loose.

2. cowboy

cowboy New Member

Bummer.......
    Well, at least no one was hurt, his insurance company will pay, and your almost new Prius will soon be good as new.
    It could've been worse; i.e. he wasn't stopped and was going at 60 mph when he hit you! :p

3. Florida Prius

Florida Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    BONEHEAD! I'd be a little more than upset....... But, no injuries is something to be thankful for. I keep reading about crash & bumps. So far I've not heard about anybody sustaining an injury in a Prius (knock on wood). Yet another reason for our purchase........

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry to see your Ruby Beauty smashed up like that, addlepated. I'm glad you're OK. Your car will look fine again soon.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ouch. No whiplash injury? that's good.
    Seems like an easy fix, hopefully it'll be cheaper than a front end collision.

6. addlepated

addlepated New Member

It looks like it's just damage to the bumper and hatch. He wasn't going very fast; just accelerating from a stop into the car. Hopefully there's no frame involvement.

I count us very lucky that nobody was hurt. My girls were kinda shook up though.