1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Truck Yeah: If You Buy A Truck From This Idaho Dealership You Also Get A Free Gun

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Dec 11, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As a native of that region (ID, MT, WY, eastern WA), I've always seen similar offers. It fits with the territory. But the news coverage from outside is quite amusing. Not long after I moved to the coastal area, decades ago, some media here were up in arms over an Idaho bank giving away rifles to new customers the way other banks gave away toasters.

Few news reports bother to mention that the actual gun transfer is handled through a federally licensed dealer, and customers must be eligible under both state and federal gun control laws.

3. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like this from one of the commenters "It could be worse. They could be giving away something really dangerous, like smartphones. It takes a certain amount of skill and/or luck to kill somebody accidentally with a gun, but just about any idiot can run down a jogger while texting. "

massparanoia and KK6PD like this.
  4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's usually a bad deal.
    I always tell them to keep all the freebies and just give me their best OTD price.

People who live in much more restricted areas, or are just not all that informed about firearms laws always get a little apoplectic about gimmicks like this but really...:rolleyes:.....it's usually not a sales rep handing you a shotgun after you sign the purchase order.

I rather like that myself.
    I've always said that people who poke glass while driving are much MUCH worse than drunk drivers, because at least the drunk has the excuse of inhibited higher brain function.
    It's going to take education, stiff as hell punishments, and a lot of time before DWD is taken as seriously as DWI.
    I know many people who drive armed. I know many people who drive distracted.
    I'd much rather share the roads with the armed ones.

...just sayin' ;)

massparanoia, Silver bullit and KK6PD like this.
  5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is correct. But the smaller the community, the greater the possibility that the car dealer is also a local gun dealer / FFL (Federal Firearms License) holder, and legally could do the BATF paperwork to hand you the shotgun.

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^ I don't have any heartburn with that at all!
    One of the groovier things that came from the Brady Fustercluck is the fact that we have a streamlined background check.
    FFL+BATF check=legal sale....usually in < 30 minutes. :)

Now then....a DRIVE THROUGH gun shop.....:D
    THAT would make somebody some headlines!!!!! :eek:

7. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  8. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A