1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trucks & flying rocks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NiMHPrius, Sep 2, 2004.

1. NiMHPrius

NiMHPrius New Member

I know this topic belongs to all cars, but I just wanted to let out my frustration. I work in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, and drive on the freeways. I have found myself not only looking out for poor drivers and keeping distance, but I need to look ahead for trucks ahead. I've had my Prius since June and already I have at least four minor gouges on my hood and front bumper and three nicks to my window form truck happily disgorging. :pukeright:

This has happened so often now that I now no longer drive on the 710 or 91 freeway were these trucks release their meteorites against helpless drivers who have no way to shield themselves from the barrage. I wish something could be done about this, because a few minute drive down one of these freeways and you can loose a few hundred to a few thousand dollars to the value of you car.

I wish the government would release the force field technology they reverse engineered from Roswell crafts to the auto manufacturer. :wink: Then we wouldn't need to worry about trucks, or even rear end collisions.

Whenever I go to a parking lot I try to find a spot where I'm almost sure no one will park next to me. One time I did this, and sure enough a lady in a large SUV parks right next to me ( even though there was plenty of empty space on both side of my car) as I’m getting into my car and as she gets out she opens here door with no care in the world and hits my side view mirror. She says sorry and quickly walks off.

I guess it’s my luck. Maybe if I didn't care about my paint, these things wouldn't happen or maybe new cars attract accidents.

NiMHPrius

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh geeus... i wish i hadnt read your post...

i just made a 300 mile trip that was mostly freeway and was behind a dumptruck that was carrying sand and rock and i could hear it hitting my car. although i got away from it as fast as i could.

i just came in from looking and i already have two small gouges on my front bumper on the plastic part. bummer.

3. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually my dings are below where this would go.

mine are on the front bumper less than a foot above the ground.