1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

true experience with x-ice and toyo observe

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ad78, Dec 8, 2007.

1. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i just want to share our experience on both tires, as some of you read my post about toyo observe. just right in time yesterday morning i pull the trigger and go for observe rather than x-ice. my friend convincing me to get the x-ice because he has also a prius and loaded with x-ice.

this afternoon, just in time snow falls here in CT. my friend called me and we test the 2 prius side by side. of course on area that is safe.

my friend scrathing his head after he drove my prius with toyo observe. he cant believe that toyo easily beat the x-ice.

i am really happy purchasing toyo observe.

:cool:

2. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thx don't buy michellin x ice gotcha!

3. Jon the Chief

Jon the Chief Jon the Chief

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    From what I see on the Toyo web site the smallest size in 15 and 16 inch is 205.

What sort of hit do you get on MPG?

I am looking at winter rubber so this is a real inquiry, not point scoring.

Jon the Chief

4. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hi chief - the size of my toyos are the same size of oem tires. And for mpg's im getting 39mpg. Extreme weather here in CT.

5. Ozzyprv

Ozzyprv New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Too late for me.
    I got x-ice about three weeks ago. So fa so good. Of course I never had winter tires before so cannot really compare.

6. jimklausner

jimklausner Connecticut Yankee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am delighted to read the experience of someone who lives in CT as I do.

Did you put Toyo Observes on all 4 wheels. Did you buy extra wheels for the tires? Where did you purchase the tires?

Frankly, I am verging on being disgusted with my 2007 Prius when there is a little bit of snow or ice on my (slightly) inclined driveway and on the streets. My opinion of the traction control is that it is a worse than useless feature.

Thank you.
    Jim K.
    New Milford, CT

7. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Jim - Yes, i purchased all 4 tires, but not the wheels @ townfair. same exact size like the oem. they are pricey though but worth the price.

8. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Good information, we should repeat this experiment since I am in CT with Nokian WRs (185/65HR15) on my 2004 Prius. To date I am very pleased with my choice as they performed well in the recent snow/ice storm, get good MPG and can be left on the car year around.

JeffD