1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Truedelta (car reliability). Am I mentally decrepit or...?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Skoorbmax, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like what this site offers, a lot of good info on cars. However, I tried to put both my cars there and for the life of me after 15 minutes I didn't know what the heck I was doing. I'm absolutely web savvy but couldn't seem to get things right.

Anybody else here use it successfully or not successfully to track your vehicle? Obviously thousands of people are smarter than me but I find its formatting very confusing.

For example, I signed up a car I've had for years and I have great records of its repairs. After a while I still had no idea how to get the stupid thing input properly so gave up.

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I received an e-mail from Mike today saying he was having some computer glitches that were causing folks problems, you may want to try again. Here's the e-mail just in case you haven't seen it (personal link disabled):

3. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    But this isn't transient, it's like I'm mentally incapable of understanding the layout of the site and how to enter data. I want to drop in the data, miles, repair I did to my van and I see no simple place to it.

4. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

You're not alone. We've got a redesign coming next month that will help, and plan to continue to make changes to improve usability. Specific feedback on what is current unclear would help A LOT. I get very little, and as you've probably experienced in your own life it's hard to see the holes in your own work without other sets of eyeballs.

For now, to get to the form you want go to the Garage--button in the nav bar. If you haven't already, specify the powertrain and bodystyle of your car. You'll then see a "Repair History" button. Click it to go to the form to enter old repairs.

Any new repairs should be entered via the main survey. Emails go out regularly with links directly to this survey. New cars are added to it around the beginning of each month.

5. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks, mkaresh, I will give it another shot soon. I do appreciate the numbers in the site and have used it when reviewing cars :) I also appreciate the problems involved in designing the software. At work I've regularly had people confused by something that to me seemed exceedingly straight forward!

6. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

Any time.

Do you write car reviews?