1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trunk entry options

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jaybee, Mar 18, 2005.

1. jaybee

jaybee Junior Member

Hi. I've had my car about a month and a half now and I really love it. Since I took delivery on my car I've been using the SKS and haven't really given much though to using the key any other way.

So today, for kicks I I turned off SKS and messed around with using the car by using the buttons on the "fob" to lock and unlock. Started the car by putting the fob in the ignition slot. Wheeee!

Now my question: Am I missing something or is there no way to open the trunk/hatch when SKS isn't on?

My intention is to keep using SKS but just have to know. Certainly there's a way to open the trunk/hatch. Right?

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jaybee\";p=\"73698)</div>
    If the doors are unlocked, and SKS is off, then just go and open the rear hatch as you normally would.

If the doors are locked, you'll need to first unlock the rear door before doing this. This can be done by hitting the fob's Unlock button twice (unlocks all doors), or by opening the side doors and pressing the "unlock" button on the inside driver or passenger doors.

(I did this last week when I was washing the car -- turned the SKS off, and then had to get into the trunk.)

3. jaybee

jaybee Junior Member

Great. Just checked it out. Exactly as you say. Thanks!