1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

trunk-lid spoiler/wing issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by andreaswin, Jul 16, 2006.

1. andreaswin

andreaswin New Member

hi!

washed my car today and i found that there is something wrong with the spoiler /wing on the trunk-lid.
    its higher on the left side than on the right side.. seems like its a bit loose on the left side (can move it up and down a little on that side )

So before i start removing plastic covers....anyone know how to tighten it up or how its secured secured to to the lid.....???

cheers Andreas

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well there are clips on each side of the spoiler as well as one in the center. There are 4 bolts across the under side of the spooler. You may want to hit the spoiler gently but firm on the side thats sticking up. It may have came out of its clip but a good tighten spoiler should not do that. The clip may also be broke. To tighten the bolts you first have to take the bottom plastic panel off which is a pain and you my brake some clips in the process. I broke 1 when removing mine. Then you have to remove the center plastic thats between the 2 glass windows. Then you will have access to the 4 bolts.

Go here for some pictures.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=21246&hl=spoiler

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Some '06's, mine included, seem to have a spoiler that doesn't align with the quarter panels...the one on my car is close to even on both sides, though, and I've chosen to just leave it like that.

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    of course, with it being a new car, you could always ask the dealer to fix it...

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Oct 12 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]331881[/snapback]</div>
    ..or just admit to yourself that our cars are imperfect machines designed by perfectly imperfect beings, and leave it alone.

With my luck, at least, the dealer will probably do more damage than anything else.

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 12 2006, 12:32 PM) [snapback]331866[/snapback]</div>
    Totally normal. They're all like that. As long as it is even, there's nothing anybody CAN do about it!