1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to be patient

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wanderlust, Jun 5, 2008.

1. wanderlust

wanderlust New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    2 years ago I thought I was going to be conquering mountains, hauling gear, and taxing friends. So, I bought a Trailblazer. I do love it, except it's bad for the environment, I don't conquer mountains, and I get only 13 mpg. About a month ago I decided it was time to stop being a hypocrite (I am the person who yells at everyone to recycle and not to pollute, yet drove a monster), and buy a Prius.

It was perfect timing for a new vehicle. It coincided with my graduation from college, so I was able to talk my parents into giving me the down payment. I went to a Toyota dealer, and test drove the Prius. It was love, right then and there. I ordered a package 3, in magnetic grey.

I just called my dealer today. The shipment is in Newark, grounded, and I live about a 5 hour drive from there on Long Island. If luck is with me, my car will be here later today. Worst case scenario, it will be here over the weekend.

I am one of the lucky ones who is paying under MSRP and my dealer is honoring my order. I know there have been some posts about orders not meaning much, but my dealer has been in constant contact with me. (I think it helps that he wants to ask me on a date!)

So, soon I will join the ranks of all you Prius' owners. Pictures soon!

2. lfwintx

lfwintx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congratulations on your college graduation and your almost-there Prius!

I'm trying to be patient, too, but I expect to have a long wait. I placed my order 10 days ago and the salesman wouldn't even give me an estimate as to when I'll get it.