1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to decide on after market battery companies.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by swman98, Feb 21, 2024.

1. swman98

swman98 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all. Sadly my 2010 Prius’ battery is going out. I got the codes P0A80 and P3000. The dealership quoted me about $4,300 for the install, after the $1350 core charge. I’ve seen a few companies, namely Green Tec and Green Bean that offer after market. Green Tec says they have a “brand new battery” for about $2100. Green bean offers the refurbed battery and lifetime warranty for $1999. Was wondering if you all could provide me some insight or experiences for either option. Thanks!

2. Paul E. Highway

Paul E. Highway Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I installed the New Prius Batteries unit myself a little over two years ago and have had zero issues.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Toyota's going to take care of you best with the battery All the battery refurb companies well it's easy to write out a warranty and so on and they will somewhat honor that warranty You may have that battery swapped out and played with four or five times possibly Is it worth all that at $2,100 The Toyota battery should be under 17 for the part not for them to install it they don't have to install it because you buy it from them they throw on an extra warranty of some sort if you allow them and pay them the $600 or whatever it is to install it If that is worth it to you then by all means do that but with the average of the battery lasting 8 to 10 years are you going to be anywhere near this car on the lower end of that the 8 years where are you going to be with this car probably not in it it sounds like so if there's anything like that to go on I wouldn't worry about the warranty so much get the real battery that's going to allow you to drive without calling people to drive to you.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if you google search with prius chat as part of it, you should get some hits with opinions and experiences of a few different battery companies.
    overall, most people have had low success with rebuilt

CR94 likes this.