1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to Determine What Trim of Prius I Have

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Keir, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Keir

Keir New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Just as the title says, I'm rrying to determine what kind of 2013 Prius I have. My husband recently purchased one for me as I have a new job with a long commute.

Trouble is, we're not sure what kind it is.

It doesn't have heated seats and only has manual adjustability, so we assumed it was a Three. It has the backup camera, Bluetooth, Apps, etc. I will admit I haven't bothered measuring the wheels yet. The thing is, it has the SofTex material (which I love) with red stitching, and the exterior paint color is Blizzard Pearl. As far as I've seen, these two things only came with the Persona trim, but it doesn't have the Persona insignia on the back.

Does anyone know if you were able to upgrade a Three to have interior like a Persona? It also has sets of two thin black stripes painted horizontally across the sides. Not sure whether that was a personal addon by a previous owner or whatnot, but I haven't seen it on other Priuses and don't know whether it's an indication of anything.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! go to toyota owners .com and plug your vin in, maybe it will tell you. all the best!(y)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The previous owner could've removed the badge.

Are the wheels silver painted or do they have a hint of a gunmetal finish? Persona had gunmetal wheel paint finish.

Something like this.

[​IMG]

Persona was available in Blizzard Pearl and I think it's the only one with SofTex and no heated seats (otherwise, it usually does come with heated seats). In addition, the interior trim accent pieces are normally silver (the two vertical plastic pieces on the wheel and the door armrest/door pull area). In the Persona, they've had a goldish or dark grey finish. Lastly, I think there was also contrast stitching but I can't remember if it was limited to the Black Cherry exterior colour or whether all colours had it.