1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to locate fuse box in 2010 UK Gen 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by glutaman, Oct 29, 2017.

1. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen a lot of posts and videos during the last few days, but I can't seem to find info about the right hand drive model. This video shows a very clear view of how it is on the left hand drive relative to the OBDII port, but in my car it's not "mirrored" as I expected. Then I took out my glovebox to see if anything matches on the left side, but I don't think so (photo attached).

Any ideas where it is located at? :) All I'm trying to do is hardwire a dashcam basically.

Attached Files:

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I don’t know, myself, but I’m sure it’s illustrated in the Location & Routing section of the Electrical Wiring Diagram, available by subscription to toyota-tech.eu.

3. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This website is really bad to navigate, so I'm unable to find the file you are referring to. I had a the attached file saved on my drive though, but I can't find the section you are referring to.

Attached Files:

4. Elektroingenieur

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The file you attached looks like it was created by assembling the System Circuit pages from the EWD, without the other sections.

I can give some navigation help, though. Once your subscription is active, go to Repair > Electrical Wiring Diagram. Under Option 2, click Model, and then click Prius. Under Basic Model Code, click ZVW30. Click the blue Search button on the right side of the page. You should see a listing for English Electrical Wiring Diagram (04/2009-->) (EM12A6), with a link on the right to view it.

Once the interactive wiring diagram application is open, you’ll see a navigation tree on the left side. Click Location & Routing, and then expand the subtopics. You’ll be most interested in the diagrams under Relay Location and Position of Parts. Some of the diagrams have more than one page; click the page numbers at the bottom to switch pages. You can get a downloadable PDF file for each diagram by clicking the Print button (printer icon) in the upper-right corner.

5. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the effort @Elektroingenieur but I still can't seem to find a fusebox accessible from the inside of the cabin..

Is it possible that all fuses are located at the big box under the bonnet?

6. Elektroingenieur

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    You’re welcome, and I should have looked more closely at your photo of the area behind the glove box: the Instrument Panel Junction Block Assembly is in the center. It’s the component near the center of the frame, with the large, white wire attached. The fuses are on the bottom.

bisco likes this.
  7. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you, I'll try to get in there and will update (for the record) :)

8. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok I found the fuses eventually!!

But what size are they? The adaptor I have is very big, and I see there are many different fuse sizes in the market.

9. Elektroingenieur

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Toyota part numbers for the small fuses (90982-09019 through 90982-09025) are the same as those on the fourth-generation Prius, about which I wrote, in another thread:
    These fuses are also sometimes called low-profile ATM fuses.

10. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all your help so far @Elektroingenieur but I seem to have bumped on another issue. I'm unable to source the correct adaptor for the fusebox - this as an example.

Any ideas where to look?

11. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see a bunch on Amazon.com but unavailable on Amazon.co.uk. I do not know if Amazon.com ships to the UK.

EDIT Will this one work?

#11 Prodigyplace, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  12. glutaman

glutaman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! The link takes me to the "Small fuse holder", but from the previous links I thought it would look more like the "Mini fuse holder"?

13. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They all say they are for low Profile ATM Fuse.
    Amazon's return police here is great! Perhaps you could order & return it if it does not fit.