1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to mount TomTom Go 910

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Goolash, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Goolash

Goolash Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm trying to find a decent mount for my TomTom Go 910. It came with a suction cup mount designed to mount on the windshield, but the Prius windshield is so far away, I can't reach the thing. It would be nice to mount it on the right side, next to the MFD, but I haven't seen a product out there yet that will do that for a Go 910. It's essentially shaped like a little CRT TV, since it uses a 20GB internal HDD, rather than the flash memory the other TomToms use.

2. GaryGarland

GaryGarland New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i looked at the 910 before i got my package 6 - it's a sweet unit.
    i'd imagine your best bet would be to get a proclip - www.proclipusa.com - the mount would be above the vent to the right of the steering wheel, which is to the left of the radio. won't block your vent, and then you can figure out a way to get the thing onto the clip - you could use the industrial velcro that's plastic - whether you put it on the bottom of the tom tom and top of your dash, or somehow to the back of the thing and the proclip - if you do that (the proclip) i'd recommend just a small amount of that plastic velcro as the stuff is very strong.

3. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it is easier just to have factory NAV. I have a portable GARMIN and in an accident those thing are deadly projectiles. Regardless of how strong the mount is, when there is an accident that thing is going to deploy. Too bad there isn't a safe place to mount these portable NAVI units. They're better than the factory units in most respects.

4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you have a gooseneck mount (like this, you could mount it on the front left triangular window.

5. JayGoldstein

JayGoldstein Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I made a cup holder mount for my Nuvi 750 using a travel mug (with some sand for ballast) plus a large RAM adhesive disc for the base, and a RAM cradle and flex arm suction cup. RAM makes a cradle for your Go 910.

Using this mounting system, I get a good view of the GPS, and my copilot easily can rotate the unit to search for POI, modify routes, etc.

Another advantage of this mount is that when the GPS and flex arm are removed, the base looks like the travel mug that it is. There's no suggestion that a GPS might be aboard.

Attached Files: