1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TSB RE: SKS and Exxon and Mobil Speedpass

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by naterprius, Nov 18, 2004.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    There is a fix available if the speedpass system is interfering with the smart key system. Toyota will replace the Cabin Sensor, the Trunk (Hatch sensor) and BOTH fobs.

This affects all 2004 Prii with VIN before:

JTDKB2#U#40011406

It is TSB EL001-04

See your dealer. This is a warrantable condition, but not a campaign, so do it before 3/36 expires.

Nate

2. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Please explain "Speedpass System". I'm not familiar with the term, so don't know if I would have a problem, either now or in the future. Thanks, Hank

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Both mobil and Exxon(same Company now) have system on their pumps that you can just wave your key chain in front of the reciever and the pump turns on and it gets chared to your credit card. Must use the same technology and maybe frequiences as the sks system for the Prius since they seem to interfere with each other

Always thought "sppedpass" means they drain the money out of your account faster LOL

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AFAIK, I'm the only one here to have this TSB done, and I didn't want/ask for it...but I've got it anyway! It was done sort of inadvertently. If you read my Fuel Guage TSB experience (sticky under Care & Maintainence) you'll find the issues I had having it done.

As long as both fobs are replaced, as they're supposed to be, it should go smoothly.