1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TTAC blast from the past: Best Selling Cars Around The Globe: America Loves A Celebrity…

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Sep 20, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Best Selling Cars Around The Globe: America Loves A Celebrity… | The Truth About Cars
    Check out the video and the hilarious (for today) auto loan interest rate advertised.

Car ads and marketing videos from that era look rather hilarious these days. At the Henry Ford Museum in 09, I remember seeing some videos (I think they were internal Ford videos) for the Taurus of that era. It looked equally odd/outdated as the above.

My parents test drove a Chevy Celebrity but ended up buying its A-car twin, an 86 Old Cutlass Ciera, also on the list. That was our third and last GM car, ever. Even though the 4 banger version (which we had) was rated above average in reliability by CR, at the time, we a fair amount of trouble with it. Back then car warranties were pretty short: 1 year/12K mile basic and 3 years/36K miles on powertrain w/deductible (IIRC $100). I'd hate to be one of those who owned a 1982 A-car, the first model year of these cars (Celebrity, Cutlass Ciera, Pontiac 6000 and Buick Century).