1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tungsten T3 and Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cha95sim, Aug 9, 2004.

1. cha95sim

cha95sim New Member

Has anyone had any experience pairing the Tungsten T3 with the Prius via bluetooth? Since I'm still waiting on the Prius I can't check this out. It would seem to be a wonderful way to upload contact phone numbers if it works.

2. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've tried sending contacts to my Prius using my Tungsten T2, and it was unsuccessful. I think the Prius and Bluetooth device absolutely must be trusted devices for the car to accept contacts.

I was also writing a small j2me program that would run on the phone to create contacts "on the fly" to beam over to the prius. That way you could populate the prius's phone book without having to mangle your phone's address book. However it seems that j2me on the S56 will not let you have access to the bluetooth hardware. So... unless Cingular starts stocking newer Siemens phones with bluetooth, I probably will not be able to finish this.