1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn off 2006 FOREIGN Prius Reverse Beep

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by fafnir, May 26, 2006.

1. fafnir

fafnir New Member

coming from one of them places where the prius dash display doesn't quite look like the one pictured on the guide and the process listed on the guide apparently doesn't work because there is no "b-off" displayed when the ODO is pressed for 10 seconds

does anyone here have a 2006 aussie, japanese, chinese, or german or EU prius that has used a different method or key sequence to turn off the reverse beep?

if so, what is the key sequence for disabling the reverse beep?

or is there a link to where i can find something like this?

p.s. i've got a package UA-100 (e.g. no nav, JBL, OEM HID's, no auto HL off, park assist, left hand drive, mirror turn signal lights, factory EV mode, and SKS without the cut key)

so basically kinda like a japanese prius but left hand drive and missing a bunch of the features though i've got HID's for both high and low beams, and i've got LED drl's

the reverse beep is annoying; please help

thanks

_

2. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fafnir @ May 26 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]261341[/snapback]</div>
    ... I must agree. Sorry i can't be of more help but if anyone knows anything about turning off that beep, it would be much apprecated.

3. MarieH

MarieH New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fafnir @ May 26 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]261341[/snapback]</div>

I don't have a foreign Prius (as far as I know!) but I never got the "b-off" after holding the ODO for 10 seconds either. But when I kept holding the ODO button in, shifted to reverse, and then hit the Park button, I got "b-on" in the display. Released the ODO button, pressed it again, and got "b-off" and blessed silence. Don't know if it'll work for you or not, but give it a try and let everyone know if it does!

4. michaelcox

michaelcox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarieH @ May 30 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]262645[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't tried this yet, but is it off permentantly or just until you restart the car?

5. MarieH

MarieH New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michael H. Cox @ May 30 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]262745[/snapback]</div>
    It's off forever! I had to wait till I went to work and came home to be sure it was really, really off before I answered your question. The silence is wonderful B)

6. boblindemann

boblindemann New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarieH @ May 30 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]263255[/snapback]</div>

It’s off until you replace (or in my case disconnect) your battery. I went thru the sequence to remove the back up beep when I first got my Prius a year ago, then recently I disconnected my battery to put in my XM unit. First time I put it in reverse after that I got that annoying beep that I had completely forgot about! Now I had to go looking for the sequence to get rid of it again ‘cause I hadn't remembered!

7. MarieH

MarieH New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boblindemann @ May 31 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]263532[/snapback]</div>
    thanks for the warning! Do you know if they disconnect the battery to do the dealer install of the XM? I'm getting that put in Monday. At least I still have my notes on how to make it hush if it starts beeping again.