1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn off car - bluetooth still connected for 20 secs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by arnieg, Jan 20, 2010.

1. arnieg

arnieg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello.
    I have a question about bluetooth pairing when I turn the car off. If I am in the middle of a conversation and I turn the car off, it takes about 10-20 seconds before the bluetooth pairing is terminated. During that time, I cannot hear the person I am talking to, nor can they hear me. The only way I've been able to work around this is to leave the car on until I finish the conversation. Is there a way to immediately break the bluetooth pairing when the car is turned off?

Thanks.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think there is a transfer call button which you can press on screen (I forget where it is off hand) and it sends the call to the phone before turning the car off.

In my 2006 it was noticed easily onscreen. I know I have done it in my 2010 but I forget exactly where the button was onscreen...

3. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    On the IPhone, you can just choose to switch to the phone speaker or the ear hole as opposed to the bluetooth. But it is much easier to leave the car on. The ICE will probably not run so it isn't going to cost you anything.

4. arnieg

arnieg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Paradox is correct - all you need to do is hit the transfer button. Thanks a lot for your help!

5. PazPrius

PazPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Walking away quickly doesn't work either, I'm going to find this transfer button...