1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn off push start?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by taniadaykin, Apr 16, 2015.

1. taniadaykin

taniadaykin New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi :) Sorry if this has already been covered. I have just picked up my prius c (2014) and the smart key is causing me problems :( When I go to the beach I can't take the key in the water like I can with a normal key and I can't throw the key inside the car and lock it with the manual key because it knows the key is inside :( Page 449 of the manual says that turning off smart entry and start system is a customizable option but no instructions on how. Bloody gadgets! Thanks heaps, Tania :) xxx

2. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you can do it, it would be via the touchscreen of the stereo. If it isn't an option, then it has to be dealer programmed.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    put the fob in an altoids tin.

someone said you can put the fob under the gas cap lid and it won't pick up the signal.

4. taniadaykin

taniadaykin New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A

Way cool! I will try that :) xxx

Didn't work :(

Thanks but I think what I'm going to do is take it to the dealer and if they can't do it I'll pull the battery out of the keyfob and leave it in the car; I'll just have to touch it to the button for starting as if it had a flat battery :) Thanks heaps everyone :) xxx

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best.(y)

6. 00-00

00-00 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You could also just wrap the fob in aluminum foil. The car will not recognize the fob's electric signals. Leave the fob anywhere in the car. Take the key with you.