1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn off the voice in navigation?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bweston, Feb 20, 2006.

1. bweston

bweston Junior Member

Is there any way to turn off the voice in navigational maps? I'd much rather just hear a beep and glance over to see what my next turn is rather than hearing the belabored voice of "Tootie" telling me "In a quarter of a mile... Left... turn... onto... I... 2.... eight... five.... south". Becomes really annoying while listening to an audio book. Any thoughts on the matter for my '05 would be appreciated.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sure. But my car's at home since I carpooled today. But it's easy sneezy!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here:
    1) Press the physical [Menu] button in the top-right corner of the MFD. It's not in the MFD display, but part of the MFD housing.
    2) Press the [Volume] button in the MFD display.
    3) On the far left is "Off".

Something like that.

3. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The problem with that solution is that the "beep" volume is then also off. I usually leave it off entirely, but if I need an audio cue I do turn it to the lowest setting instead of off. Just beeps with no voice would be ideal, I agree.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There is setting to control the audible guidance in the Preferences menu. I am away from the car and the owners' manual, so I cannot be more specific.

5. B.R.

B.R. Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Turning off Audible Guidance turns the tones off too. Has this been solved yet? I'd like to do the same in my 2005 Prius

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought my Prius today and when I was driving home I think I figured it out. You press something that says "Turn Guidance Off" in the Navigation settings or something like that.