1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn on/off your house lights with the rear view mirror

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by NiHaoMike, May 6, 2012.

1. NiHaoMike

NiHaoMike Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here's how to control your house lights from the buttons on the rear view mirror:
    1: You need a RF remote control switch for the light or whatever you want to control. I used a X10 TM751. Other devices may or may not work.
    2: Set up the remote control switch so that it works from the handheld remote.
    3: Put the Prius into accessory mode.
    4: Press and hold the Homelink button you want to use to turn the light on. Then hold the remote just below the mirror and press and hold the on button until the light on the mirror blinks quickly. Release both buttons.
    5: Repeat 4 using another button for the off button.
    6: Test to make sure the remote control works from the mirror buttons.
    7: Finished - you can now turn the Prius off.

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    why doesn't your Prius need powered up to run your homelink?

3. smurs

smurs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Very cool, what a great idea!

4. mjones12

mjones12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Our Prius 4 doesn't arrive until next week, so I haven't tried this. But we had a Lincoln LS, and we used the Homelink buttons to operate our home security system. The security system had a key fob that would toggle to arm and disarm the system with the press of one button. So we linked it just like a garage door opener. Worked great. I'm hoping it will work with the Prius.