1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turning on Prius 2021/22 blind spot monitor?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Brewerpaul, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Brewerpaul

Brewerpaul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I'm getting ready to replace my 2014 Mazda 3. One of my main reasons is that the newer cars have a lot more safety features which I'd like to take advantage.
    My Mazda 3 has blind spot monitoring. I can turn it on and off with one simple button on the dash and once I've turned it on it stays on if I turn the car off. It's just there and ready.
    From what I understand from the 2022 Prius manual, it takes a couple of steps to turn on the BSM if the car has it, and you have to go through that turn on process every time you start up the car. Is this really correct? Why on earth would the car turn off this important feature when you turn the car off? Is there a way to keep it on?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    BSM is on my default. I can’t remember if it’s one of those systems that stay off if you turn it off or whether it defaults back to on the next time you start the car, but it definitely does not start as “off” by default.

3. MPGboss

MPGboss Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    It is the opposite actually, you would have to manually turn it off in the computer dash. otherwise, tp is right, it is always on...